Audemars Piguet QEII Cup / Champions Mile / Chairman's Sprint Prize - Track work
1. The APQEII Cup, Champions Mile & Chairman’s Sprint Prize Track Work Time-table
The attached track work schedule will become effective from Saturday, 22 April until Sunday, 7 May 2017.
Please note the following points:
(1) The track opens 4:45am
(2) The track closes for harrowing at 6:40am
(3) The large & small track closes at 8:15am
(4) The bridle path closes at 8:15 am and the trotting ring closes at 8:30 am
(5) Barrier trials (25 & 28 Apr, 2 & 5 May) on the All Weather Track commence 8:30am (gate close at 8:15 am). Only 1200M trials will be offered and the trials will be limited to 3 batches on 28 April.
(6) Monday & Thursday stalls tests (24 & 27 Apr, 4 May ) will be held at 7:30am
(7) 1800M Jump-outs opens between 7:00am to 8:00am :
Thur, 27 April restricted to horses entered for Sun, 30 April racemeeting, APQEII Cup, Champions Mile & Chairman’s Sprint Prize runners (quota not included)
(8) The tracks will be open from 8:15am to 8:30am for APQEII Cup, Champions Mile and Chairman’s Sprint Prize runners and their amahs for exclusive All-weather and turf track trackwork except Tuesday and Friday due to All-weather trial. Trainers are strongly encouraged to work their runners entered in the above races at this time to facilitate overseas press and visitors viewing of your horses work.
2. Grass Gallops
Local horses competing in the APQEII Cup, Queen Mother Memorial Cup, Champions Mile and Chairman’s Sprint Prize can gallop twice on the grass track accompanied by an amah from Saturday, 22 April until Saturday, 29 April for APQEII Cup and Queen Mother Memorial Cup horses, and from Saturday, 29 April until 6 May for Champions Mile and Chairman’s Sprint Prize horses.
The grass track will be open between 6:00am – 7:00am and 8:15am - 8:30am, booking is required.
3. May Grass Trials
The May grass trials will be held on Tuesday, 9 May. The usual horse number restrictions for grass trials apply.